Monday, January 16, 2012

Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I made this blog to share Midwest recipes, DIY projects and anything else that may interest you or me on any particular day. So please stop by often and enjoy what A Rural Gal has to share with you.

Recipe of the week: Sloppy Joe Bake

2-8oz. pkg. crescent dinner rolls
2 lbs. hamburger                                                      
1 1/2 or 1.31 oz. pkg. dry sloppy joe powder mix
1 1/2 cups water                                                             
6 oz. tomato paste
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese


Brown hamburger and add tomato paste, water and sloppy joe mix. Press 1 pkg. of crescent dinner rolls over the bottom of a 9 x 13 greased pan, pressing seams together. Place half of hamburger mixture on the crust. Next place 1 cup of each kind of cheese over the hamburger. Next place the other half of hamburger mixture. Then layer the other 1 cup of each of both cheeses. Last, lay the other pkg. of crescent dinner rolls over the top. Try to spread the crescent rolls over as much of the top as possible. Bake 35 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees.

Antiques


Yes, I'm an antique addict and I readily admit it! I also own and operate my own antique shoppe called The Vintage Shoppe. Here are a few pictures of my shoppe. Enjoy!











This is so true!





One thing I LOVE about Iowa, we can grow about anything here. Here are some flowers that I have grown through the years in my garden.







2 comments:

  1. Wow, your quick! You'll have check out my blog.
    Happy Blogging.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann I will! I still have alot of work to do on this blog. I'll get everything figured out I hope.

      Delete